So what is a whitehead you might ask?
According to Healthline.com, a whitehead is a type of acne that forms when dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria become trapped within one of your pores. Whiteheads can be annoying, and they may seem to develop at the worst times. The good news, however, is that whiteheads can be prevented with a combination of lifestyle changes and medical treatments.
Whiteheads are white in colour, are firm, and cannot be extracted with squeezing (this is very important to remember, otherwise you will damage your skin whilst trying to pop those stubborn pimples). They typically measure around 1 to 3 millimeters across.
So how do you treat and prevent these stubborn pimple like things?
- Obviously first of all… CLEANSE CLEANSE CLEANSE! If you still don’t know why cleansing is important, please read this post.
- DO NOT SCRATCH OR PICK AT YOUR FACE. I can’t stress this enough, popping pimples at home might seem like a good hobby when you’re bored… However your are doing more harm to your skin than anything else! If you see a pimple arising place some ice on the inflamed area to reduce swelling and just wash your face.
- If however you feel that you need to do something, you could opt for something such as the Nimue Active Gel or the Nimue Corrective Serum.
- Remove your make up after a long day. If you sleep with your make up on, you will clog your pores and cause problematic skin everyday!
- Wash your make up brushes. This is a breeding ground for bacteria which will cause more breakouts on your face.
- Choose the right facial product. Obviously I would recommend Nimue in all cases, but if you prefer something else, just make sure it is suitable for your skin!
So this was a short and sweet post, but I hope it helps and brings you many whitehead free days!