As the days get longer and temperatures begin to climb, you reach for your shorts and sandals instead of your sweater. It’s SPRING time! However, as your spirit is praising the arrival of spring. Your skin is probably still stuck singing the winter blues – dry, scaly and rough.
Well with the help of the following steps be able to kick the winter blues to the curb, to make way for glowing, spring skin.
Step 1: Spring CLEAN(se)
Nimue cleansing gel is an acidic based cleanser which means it protects your acid mantle, which is vital to our skin’s health. The Nimue cleansing gel also has light exfoliation properties and gently hydrates your skin. On top of this it doubles as an eye-make up remover. This makes your cleansing routine so much easier after a long day at work.
How to use Nimue cleansing gel:
- Use a small amount on damp cotton pads to remove eye makeup.
- Massage small amount of product into skin with wet fingertips for one minute, rinse thoroughly with water.
Step 2: Exfoliate
This should be done two to three times a week to see results.
The Nimue Exfoliating Enzyme is a non-irritating, non-abrasive exfoliator that penetrates deep under the skin. According to Nimue this particular exfoliator gently detaches dead skin cells and promotes healthy skin renewal. Sounds fancy, I know. However, basically this means that in contrast to a granular exfoliator, the Nimue Exfoliating Enzyme reduces inflammation and irritation of the skin, whilst still serving the same purpose.
How to use the Exfoliating Enzyme:
- Firstly, remember to always cleanse before exfoliating or applying a face mask.
- Apply a small amount of Exfoliating Enzyme to a clean, dry skin.
- Leave on the skin for about two minutes.
- Activate the enzyme exfoliator with heat and water, by massaging the skin with slightly wet finger tips for at least another two minutes.
- If you feel like you want to sit around a bit more, leave the exfoliator on for an additional two minutes.
- Rinse well, you can also remove the exfoliator with saturated gauze – this will help to get rid of the extra dead skin cells!
Step 3: Skin Resurfacing (Optional, but highly recommended)
This is an in salon treatment, that needs to be done by a professional.
Why would you want to do skin resurfacing?
- The Nimue SRC treatment reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face around the mouth and eye area.
- Rids the skin of all dead skin cells, which builds up during the dry months of winter.
- Smooths rough skin texture
- Minimize / closes enlarged pores
- Evens out skin tone
- Treats skin concerns such as ACNE, AGING and HYPER-PIGMENTATION
Step 4: In-salon Facial
It is important to receive in-salon facial treatments, mainly to do extractions. I know it is super tempting to pop those blackheads at home, but PLEASE DON’T! Not only will this damage your skin, you will also be spreading the blackheads if you do not extract them the right way. Here are a few of the Nimue treatments that I recommend for all my clients.
This is a pampering treatment, customised to a client’s specific needs. This treatment is also recommended as an introductory treatment for new Nimue Clients.
Deep Cleanse Treatment
A purifying treatment that provides effective skin clarification, which includes extractions and a treatment mask.
Active Rejuvenation Treatment
Is an active treatment that facilitates dermal rejuvenation, reduces pore size and ensures overall skin improvement.
Step 5: Moisturise – Day & Night
Remember to apply moisturiser after cleansing (which should be done twice a day). I would advise you to consult with your beauty therapist in order to find out more about which moisturisers are best suitable for your skin. I prefer to use only Nimue moisturisers as I know that they are suitable for sensitive skin types.
Step 6: Spring Sun Damage Prevention – SPF
It is also important to remember to sunscreen yourself before you leave for your daily activities in the morning, as the UV rays of the sun don’t stand back for your drive to work, the UV rays are so strong that they actually do penetrate windows! The sun is also at its most harmful during 10 AM and 4 PM, so if you are outside during these times, please ensure that you are well protected.
I do prefer to use the Nimue SPF 30 for my face, because it is a dermatological product, I know that I take care of my face whilst wearing it. However for the rest of my body any other sunscreen SPF 20 or higher will do. Try Nivea or EverySun (if you are unsure of which brand to choose) as they are the cheapest and you can find them at almost any store.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I hope that you will achieve glowing spring skin this year, but please remember to always LOVE THE SKIN YOU’RE IN!
Until Friday Beauties.