In today’s busy world, we sometimes forget to be grateful for everyday things. It may seem obvious, and many say that they know the should be grateful for health, wellness, employment etc. However, I want to ask you this, are you really happy for everyday things? Like just being able to wake up every morning, it’s a blessing on its own. I also know that envy can take over your happiness, like having a better job, or a better house, car etc. Today I want you to think about authentic happiness, not things but real content about being you and what everyday brings.
We all need to find what makes us happy. It might be your job, your family or even your pets. The most important thing to do to maintain your happiness is to treasure and be thankful for to what and who make you happy. I have made it a general rule that whenever I am feeling negative, I force myself to think of the positive. For instance if I am having a bad day and feel like complaining about back pain, I just tell myself that I am lucky to still have a great back and I need to look after it better.
Since today is Friday, I want to ask you to make a point of seeing the beauty in everyday. No matter how big or small, just think of 5 things that you are grateful for, and you will see the positive effect it will have on your thoughts and lifestyle.
Today the five things that I am grateful for is,
1. Being able to say good morning to an amazing man, that I get to call my husband.
2. Having a family that supports me in every venture I want to pursue.
3. I am grateful for having a good job, that enables me to meet new people everyday. I learn a lot from clients by listening to the stories they have to tell.
4. Just waking up in good health.
5. Being me, I am happy to be a unique individual that can have my own opinions and make my own choices.
There. That is my five happy the thoughts for today. I don’t know about you, but I actually feel a bit better. It’s nice to reframe a tragedy (or tragic frame of mind) into something you just might eventually be able to be happy about.
Happy Friday Girls!