How the Nimue Y:skin range will help you fight teen acne.
We all know how tough it can be to have teen acne. We understand how difficult it is to become one with that pimple (the size of Kilimanjaro) on you chin. I mean, you are in the prime of your life (or this is how you might feel). Physical looks are probably one of the most important things to you right now. Even though I must say that it is not, but you will definitely figure this out on a later stage in your life. Well, I have found a solution for acne prone skin, and I would like to share this secret with you.
Firstly, I must say that teen acne won’t be resolved over night, so you have to remember to be patient. Secondly, it will take dedication. It is of utmost importance that you follow a strict facial care routine.
So what causes Acne?
I have discussed this in some of my previous posts which you can read on the Adara beauty clinic blog. However here is just a quick review of why teen acne occurs. When the pores of your skin become clogged with Sebum it will cause inflammation and irritation under the skin, and ultimately this will cause acne. However with teenage skin, this is not the only reason why acne breakouts happen, out of control hormones causes your body to produce excess sebum which is a great place for bacteria to call their home. So basically it’s a vicious combination of sebum, hormones and bacteria that causes your breakouts. I bet you feel relieved to know that it is not all your fault, right?
Nimue Y:skin range:
The Nimue Y:skin range includes seven products that focuses solemnly on fighting the bacteria under the skin. This will results in healthier skin on the surface. I will further discuss the products and their uses in this post. I hope this post will help some tweens and teens to get on the better-skin-wagon!
- Facial wash: Soap-free cleanser in a light gel consistency that removes impurities immediately. This product also exfoliates the skin and acts as a shield against environmental elements. This product can be used in the morning and in the evening.
- Facial care: This product is for teenagers with Active Acne. It can be used twice a day (in the morning and in the evening) after cleansing. This product is a non-greasy moisturiser that exfoliates and alleviates congested skin and regulates oil production.
- Facial Balance: This is an everyday moisturizer that consists of humectant properties to retain skin moisture, whilst protecting the skin form harmful effects of the environment. This product can be used in the morning and in the evening after cleansing.
- Active blemish control: This is an anti-bacterial spot treatment that assists in decongesting the skin, regulating the skins oil production and controls breakouts, while it calms and repairs acne related inflammation. This product can be used twice a day after cleansing but should only be applied to effected area/active acne.
- Exfoliating Enzyme: This is a non- irritating, non- abrasive enzyme exfoliator with papaya and pineapple enzymes that work gently to detach dead skin cells, promoting cell renewal. This is the best exfoliator to use as it does not irritate already inflamed skin and aids in removing the dead skin cells that also causes congested acne skin
- Purifying mask: This is actually also one of my favourite products to recommend as I have seen amazing results. This is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory clay based mask that sooths and rapidly absorbs excess oil produced by the skin and dead skin cells. This product can be used once or twice a week. Apply to dry skin after cleansing and leave on for 15 min.
- SPF 40 Sunscreen: I would mostly advise teenagers with acne prone skin to use the tinted SPF as it reduces the appearance of red and irritated skin.
Well what are you waiting for? Jump on the better-skin-wagon and come along for the journey to clear skin… I know this sounds corny, but once you see the results you will definitely thank me for my advice!
Have a happy Tuesday!